The Jalosjos-owned production firm TAPE Inc. has found an ally in bilyonaryo Felipe Gozon following its fallout with the long-time hosts of “Eat Bulaga!”
TAPE president and CEO Romeo “Jon” Jalosjos, Jr. and finance director Bullet Jalosjos, a former congressman, announced an agreement with GMA Network Thursday (June 1) on filling “Eat Bulaga!’s” noontime slot.
Rightful owners: TVJ, Tony Tuviera seek to own ‘Eat Bulaga’ trademark after dumping Jalosjos
“We are happy for the full support of GMA 7 in making Eat Bulaga bigger,” said Jalosjos who stressed that the show’s success is not dependent on three people – the show’s heart and soul Tito, Vic and Joey.
“TAPE, Inc. is saddened by the turn of events yesterday, May 31 but we respect the decision of the hosts to leave Eat Bulaga and GMA 7 Network, which has been their home for 28 years,” the Jalosjos heirs said in a statement. “We want to assure the public and the supporters of the show through its segments that we are committed to provide quality entertainment. It is unfortunate, but life must go on.”
Dabarkads nag-kaisa! Eat Bulaga co-hosts, creative crew resign en masse after Tito, Vic & Joey ditch TAPE-Jalosjos
A replay episode of the popular noontime show aired Wednesday (May 31) as the trio of Tito Sotto, Vic Sotto, and Joey De Leon announced their departure from TAPE Inc.
In response to TVJ’s exit, several hosts of the show, including Wally Bayola, Allan K, Maine Mendoza and Ryzza Mae Dizon, announced their resignation from the show.
Felipe Gozon na-Bulaga daw! GMA sad over TVJ goodbye as it is left with a big hole in its prime noontime block for the next 19 months
TAPE is apparently planning a new noontime show, which it promises to be bigger and better than the 46-year-old Eat Bulaga.
Lumalalim ang lamat! TVJ resents GMA’s Gozon for siding with Jalosjos in ‘Eat Bulaga’ feud
“Abangan niyo ang mga bagong magpapasaya at magpapatibok ng ating mga puso. Aasahan ninyo ang mas masaya, mas nakakaaliw at HIGIT PA SA ISANG LIBOT ISANG TUWA na Eat Bulaga. Patuloy ang Dabarkads na maglilingkod para sa ino, mga Kapuso MULA APARRI HANGGANG JOLO AT SA BUONG MUNDO,” they added. “Ang pag-alis ng mga hosts ay hindi dahilan para tumigil ang pag-ikot ng mundo.”
TVJ in talks with Albee Benitez for ‘Eat Bulaga!’ transfer amid Jalosjos feud
It appears that TAPE Inc. is looking to bring comedian Willie Revillame to fill Eat Bulaga’s spot by combining his entertainment production with Toro Fam, or a network of vloggers. Revillame’s show had been airing on Manny Villar’s AllTV but got cancelled due to poor viewership.
Already, netizens are disgusted and dismayed.
“Picture pa lang alam mong di na magtatagal,” one said.
“What a downgrade. ‘Yung mga ksma pa na hosts e mga controversial,” another said.