The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) said it has restored services affected by the bombing of its transmission tower in Mindanao.
The company owned by bilyonaryos Henry Sy, Jr. and Roberto Coyiuto said the Baloi-Aurora 138-kiloVolt (kV) line servicing the entire Zamboanga peninsula, Misamis Occidental, and parts of Lanao del Norte is back on line as of 4:39 a.m. of Wednesday, October 26.
The transmission tower in Kauswagan, Lanao del Norte, had been bombed by unidentified individuals on October 24.
“We laud the efforts and bravery of our line personnel who pursued immediate restoration without hesitation. We thank the local police and armed forces who secured the area and ensured the safety of our people,” the NGCP said.
This is not the first incident of tower bombings, which are often targeted by armed rebels in the provinces.