ABS-CBN’s quest for a new franchise apparently continues, with top boss Carlo Katigbak reportedly seen at the Mandaluyong headquarters of President-elect Ferdinand Marcos Jr. last week.
READ: Carlo Katigbak cuts ABS-CBN bleeding as fallen media giant copes with shrinking ads a year after losing franchise
Abante columnist Joe Barrameda claimed to have received information about Katigbak’s presence at Marcos’ office.
READ: Walang kikilingan: Katigbak taking ‘extra steps’ to make sure ABS-CBN’s 2022 election coverage will be ‘impartial’
“May nagkuwento sa akin na noong isang araw raw ay namataan si Mr. Carlo Katigbak, big boss ng ABS-CBN, sa BBM Headquarters sa Mandaluyong City,” Barrameda said. “Nagtanong ‘yung nakakita kung sino ‘yung dumating. At binanggit daw ng guard na si Carlo Katigbak.”
READ: When two become one: Annette Gozon expects more collab with Carlo Katigbak following GMA’s partnership with ABS-CBN’s Star Cinema
Barrameda, however, was clueless about the purpose of Katigbak’s supposed visit.
READ: End of rivalry: ABS-CBN agrees to air Star Cinema movies on GMA
ABS-CBN has had a rocky past with the Marcos family, with dictator Ferdinand Marcos Sr. ordering the shutdown of the network and the takeover of its assets at the height of Martial Law.
ABS-CBN was denied a franchise renewal in 2020, sending thousands out of jobs and forcing the network to find alternatives to remain on free TV.
In the absence of a franchise, ABS-CBN has entered into partnerships to air some of its content on the airwaves of its rivals, such as TV5 and GMA Network.
It also has a blocktime arrangement with Zoe TV, the network owned by Jesus is Lord Church founder Bro. Eddie Villanueva.
A Dutch university that fell victim to a massive ransomware attack has partly received back its stolen money… which in the meantime more than doubled in value, a news report said on Saturday.