Family ain’t first: Bong Pineda’s e-sabong ops shut down by governor son

The own son of gambling mogul Rodolfo “Bong” Pineda shut down his online cockfighting business on President Rodrigo Duterte’s orders.
E-sabong won’t be missed that much, says GCash, PayMaya
The Philippine Daily Inquirer reported that Pineda’s own son, Pampanga Governor Dennis Pineda, cut his business. He issued an executive order halting e-sabong in the province, with Bong having a virtual monopoly in the area.

From meron to wala: Atong Ang’s Pitmaster cuts free dialysis program with e-sabong shutdown

The younger Pineda made it possible via a local executive order ordering “to shut down all gaming websites and cease all gaming operations to include all auxiliary operations and off-cockpit betting stations effective immediately.”
Parang jueteng! Pagcor warns illegal e-sabong websites to proliferate after Duterte ban
Duterte ordered the shutdown of all online cockfighting operations earlier this week, citing its high social cost.

Panguil Bay bridge now 61% complete

Construction of the 3.17-kilometer bridge that will reduce travel time between Lanao del Norte and Misamis Occidental is now 61 percent complete, according to the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).

Recession in US ‘not inevitable’: Yellen

A recession in the US is “not inevitable,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said Thursday, adding that she believes the world’s biggest economy is on the right track in lowering inflation.