It’s still a man’s world in the high net worth community in the Philippines but women are narrowing the gap.
Forbes magazine released its Philippines’ 50 richest countdown for 2019 and
who passed away.
The women occupied 10: of the 50 places on the highly coveted list
1) Tessie and Elizabeth Sy (with brothers Henry Jr., Hans, Herbert and Harley) $17.2 billion
2) Alesandra and Anjanette Ty (with brothers Arthur and Alfred) $2.6 billion
3) Mercedes Zobel (with brother Inigo) $2.5 billion
4) Mercedes Gotianun $2.2 billion
5) Josefa, Luz, Maria, Cristina and Edwina Consunji (with brothers
Isidro and Jorge) $2 billion
6) ) Susan Co (wife of Lucio Co) $1.8 billion
7) Vivian Que Azcona (with siblings) $1.15 billion
8) Jocelyn Campos (with brothers Joselito and Jeffrey) $650 million
9) Juliette Romualdez $150 million
10) Betty Ang $141 million
Fashion maven Julia Natori, a self made bilyonaryo, did not make the cut this year. She ranked No. 43 in 2018 with $150 million.